Part-time Registered Nurse (RN) -Behavioral Health Outpatient Medication Clinic
The Behavioral Health Outpatient Medication Clinic is seeking a part-time Registered Nurse.
The hours for this position with be from 8:00am to 6:30pm two days per week not including Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.
The Inova RN Outpatient in the Medication Clinic:
- Clinical Practice & Case Management- Provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way, in a physician practice or other outpatient setting. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families, to include patient and family education.
- Primary role is to perform assessment on each patient served in the Medication Assisted Treatment clinic, administer IM medication to those diagnosed with Substance Use Disorders as well as Psychiatric Disorders, and perform pill counts for controlled substances for those patients enrolled in the CATS program.
- Teamwork- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Quality/Best Practice- Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Incorporates data and information to improve care and enhance outcomes.
- Professional Development- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
As an Outpatient Registered Nurse, you will provide safe/therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way in a physician practice or other outpatient setting. To help achieve our mission, you will incorporate differences into the provision of care while integrating knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families to include patient and family education. Your ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others while having respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is essential. Using an integrated approach toward achieving desired patient outcomes while utilizing standards, guidelines and pathways for care delivery is of vital importance. Incorporating data and information to improve care and enhance outcomes while ensuring improvements in practice settings, by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning, is expected. Your ability to provide direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor is required..
- Experience - Preferred: More than 1 year experience as an RN - Required: 0-6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience
- Education -BSN or AD If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and * Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend * Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses * Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date. * Complete BSN within 24 months of start date.
-Certification: BLS certification required.
- Licensure - Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Special Skills - Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required.
**For Internal Use Only: #LI-MA1 IND-1