Back to Results
Clinical Technician 2- 5 Original Unit
Fairfax Medical Campus 640141 Full Time 3300 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA, 22042, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Clinical Technician 2, you will provide direct care to patients whose care requirements are routine and standardized, with predictable outcomes, under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. To help achieve our mission, you will maintain competencies and seek opportunities to develop professionally. Your ability to communicate effectively and work corporately with others is of vital importance. Serving as a unit preceptor for all new Clinical Technicians and a superuser is expected.
Shift: 12 Hour Day
Schedule: Full Time
Training: Ideal candidate must be able to attend a 6 week training course
- Assists in the delivery of direct patient care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Provides basic activities of daily living nursing care (e.g. bathing and feeding) and measurement of vital signs and intake/output.
- Demonstrates competency in all required clinical skills and technologies in accordance with Inova Health System policies and procedures.
- Completes assigned patient duties within the established time frame.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development in providing care for the patient population assigned.
- Completes necessary documentation accurately and reinforces discharge teaching and home care skills.
- Communicates changes in patient status to the Registered Nurse in a timely manner.
- Partners with Registered Nurse to create a professional development plan to provide employee with the necessary skills to deliver up to date patient care.
- Experience: One year experience in an acute care setting as a clinical technician and/or successful completion of one acute care clinical rotation in an Accredited RN Program.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
- Certification: BLS within 90 days of hire.
- Training: Candidate must be able to attend six week training orientation upon hire.
- Special Skills: Proficient in English. Verbal and written communication skills required.
Completion of a clinical technician training program or program that meets current technician skills or Certified Nursing Assistant training.