Registered Nurse Interventional Radiology
Make the most out of your clinical ability and join our highly skilled Interventional Radiology Team at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus!
We are hiring a full time IR Registered Nurse 4 x 10-hour shifts (some on call duties).
The Interventional Radiology department serves over 5,000 patients each year, both inpatient and outpatient, adult and pediatric population, from every patient care-oriented service line on the campus. Our multi-disciplinary team of Interventional Radiologists, Neurosurgeons, Vascular Surgeons, Nurses, and Technologists provides excellent patient care across multiple modalities including Body IR, Peripheral Vascular, Neuro Interventional, and Aortic Endovascular.
We pride ourselves in serving our patients in:
- Thrombectomy stroke care
- Endovascular aortic repair
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Interventional oncology
- Interventional pulmonology
The IR Nurse Duties/Responsibilities
- Safe and therapeutic care in a holistic and caring way to both inpatients and outpatients undergoing a wide variety of image-guided vascular, neurovascular, and body/organ procedures.
- Integrates knowledge, skill and experiences to meet the needs of the patient. Administration of medications, including conscious sedation and reversal agents in compliance of policy and procedures.
- Communicates professionally and works cooperatively with team members while utilizing an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes. Ensures improvement in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making and problem-solving.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse. IR or critical care experience.
- Education: BSN or MSN or if Associates Degree, RN would need to commit to completing BSN within 24 months of hire
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- BLS and ACLS certification (American Heart Association)
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others.
- Proficient computer skills required.