Back to Results
Pharmacy Tech 1 Fulltime Days/Evening
Loudoun Hospital 640284 Full Time 44045 Riverside Parkway, Leesburg, VA, 20176, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Pharmacy Technician 1, you will procure and distribute medications per physician and Pharmacist requests or prearranged work assignments according to established policies, procedures and protocols. To help achieve our mission, you will maintain adequate stock of medications and supplies. Taking ownership for the control, accountability and distribution of controlled drugs in the Pharmacy is required.
- Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and
- Accurately pre-packs medications.
- Restocks assigned areas, puts away unused medications in addition to utilizing want book and associated inventory management procedures.
- Accurately restocks code cart and stock kits.
- Performs monthly unit inspections and monitors expiration dates. Demonstrates knowledge about
- Orders items, properly stocks shelves, processes returns and identifies vendor errors.
- Conducts Pharmacy runs within 30 minutes of scheduled time.
- Accurately fills automated dispensing devices.
- Accurately fills unit dose pick, first doses and floor stock.
- Accurately processes refill orders from customers.
- Performs appropriate phone etiquette.
- Accurately generates reports/input orders, generates charges/credits and reprints labels.
- Assists Pharmacist in drug selection and counting medications accurately.
- Takes ownership for the control, accountability and distribution of controlled drugs in the Pharmacy.
- Accurately controls medications from the vault using Secure Med or CII Safe.
- Performs physical inventories of controlled substances in the vault according to department policies.
- Ensures all documentation is complete and appropriately filed. Reconciles controlled substance kits according to procedures for all kits returned containing controlled substances.
- Accurately accounts for controlled substances dispensed during down times.
Fulltime Days/Evening Rotating Weekends
Sign On Bonus
High School or GED
VA pharmacy tech license ACTIVE UPON START
Certified within 6 months