Patient Safety Associate
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is looking for a dedicated and passionate Patient Safety Associate to join their growing team. Don't miss out, apply today!
Provide vigilant and continuous 1:1 supervision and appropriate diversional activities for an assigned patient under the supervision and direction of the Registered Nurse. Under the direction of the unit charge nurse, performs duties necessary to ensure smooth day to day operations of the assigned nursing unit when not directed to provide continuous patient observation.
- Be respectful of patient, family, concerning privacy and confidentiality of patient’s medical needs.
- Remain with patient at all time and continuously monitor the welfare of patients who cannot be left alone because they may be at risk of injury or may be combative, agitated or may endanger themselves.
- Performs patient care tasks related to activities of daily living such as bathing, feeding, hair, skin, and oral care.
- Assists RN and/or Clinical Tech with linen changes and repositioning as directed by the RN.
- Continuously observes patient for significant changes in behavior or movement and accurately reports them in a timely manner directly to the RN taking care of the patient.
- Assists Registered Nurse with the accurate measurement and reporting of intake and output.
- Maintains complete, accurate and legible patient care documentation as required by hospital and/or system policy.
Shift: Day/Night Shift (7am - 7.30pm/7pm - 7.30am)
Schedule: Days vary
Experience: Dealing directly with customers and/or patients.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Special Skills: Ability to communicate clearly in English, both written and oral. Ability to legibly document on legal patient care record.
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
Safety always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.