OR Services Leader Women's Operating Room
Job DescriptionInova Fairfax Medical Campus is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
The Women's Hospital Surgery Center (WHSCOR) has eight fully functional, state of the art operating rooms that provides care to patients scheduled for General Gynecology, Gynecological Oncology, Urological Gynecology, GYN Robotic, cosmetic and medical Breast/Plastics procedures. Each operating room is similarly equipped so that any surgical procedure can be performed in any room. Procedures performed in WHSCOR consist of ambulatory, same day admission and in-patient cases, but may also come from the Emergency Room, outside facilities and directly from home or physician’s offices.
This unit does not work weekends except on-call during off hours. Call is Sunday-Thursday 2230-0730, Friday 2230-0800, and Saturday 0800-2000 & 2000-0800, Sunday 0800-2000. RNs take 3-4 call shifts per 6 week schedule and has a 45 minutes arrival time to the hospital once called in.
- Two years nursing experience related to the unit’s scope is required
- Previous OR Service Leader, Charge RN, Management or Clinical Coordinator experience is preferred
- BSN graduate from an accredited school of nursing, MSN preferred
- RN licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- BLS Certification (AHA) required
- Proficient computer skills is required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be highly effective at leading a team and fostering a team environment