Back to Results
LPN 2- Neurology (Alexandria)
Adult Neurology - Beauregard 640422 Full Time 1500 North Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA, 22311, USApply
A Typical Day As An LPN Consists Of:
- Checking Vitals
- Triaging Patients
- Rooming Patients
- Assisting in team development and sitting in on team meetings
- Assisting with daily LPN scheduling
- Clinical training of new LPNs
- Prescription Refills
- In Basket Management
- Patient Calls and Education
- Assisting with Procedures
- Travel to additional local sites as needed
A Little More:
- Clinical Practice and Case Management - Provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experience to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum to include patient and family education.
- Teamwork - Communicates effectively and work cooperatively with others. Has a respect and understanding of other clinical disciplines and an integrated approach towards patient outcomes.
- Quality/Best Practice - Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes.
- Professional Development - Ensures improvement in practice settings by assuming responsibility for the self development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making and problem solving.
What You Need:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited LPN school
- Experience: 2 years of LPN experience in a hospital or clinic setting (outpatient setting preferred)
- Certifications: BLS Certification (from the American Heart Association)
- Licensure: Eligible for licensing in the commonwealth of Virginia as a LPN
- Skills: Proficient in English, verbal and written communication skills and computer skills required
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates on unit teams, work groups and/or committees.
- Demonstrates knowledge of unit based quality improvement initiatives.
- Identifies own learning needs based on self-evaluation and the progress made from the previous year.
- Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Maintains own team member continuing education record as well as outlined core and specialty competencies relevant to area of practice.
- Effectively communicates with healthcare team members and patients/families while supporting healthcare team members to achieve goals.
- Maintains and reviews patient medical records, notes and physician orders while documenting all patient care activities in accordance with documentation standards