Registered Nurse (RN) Interventional Radiology
We are seeking a full time (3 x 12-hour shifts) RN to support the Interventional Radiology department at Inova Loudoun Hospital. Full Time Day Shift Monday-Friday with “on call” rotation for nights and weekends. Sign on Bonus for all RNs and Relocation Bonus for those relocating to the area.
IHVI at Loudoun Hospital is a rapidly growing program that offers a wide breadth of Cardiovascular care. The nursing role is predominantly pre and post procedure care but also included intra-procedure sedation and medical management for Interventional Radiology and Endovascular procedures, which also includes rotating on-call support. We see, on average, 22 patient encounters each day through our elective outpatient and inpatient service. These procedures include heart catheterizations, electrophysiology implants and studies, vascular angiograms, vertebroplasty, biopsies, mediports, and access (PICC line, mediport, and midline) and fluid removal procedures (para and thoracentesis).
This is a fast-paced environment, that demands attention to detail, critical thinking, and most importantly and patient to serve those in our care.
- 1+ year of experience in an Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab, Electrophysiology Lab, Interventional Radiology or Intensive Care; ED and Progressive Cardiac Care will also be considered.
- Must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse
- Effective communication skills and computer skills required.
- Proficient in English
- BLS certification; ACLS within 90 days of start date
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing - BSN or MSN
(If Associates Degree RN)
-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader and identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
-Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
-Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date
-Complete BSN within 24 months of start date