Registered Nurse (RN) PACU Weekend Option
The Inova Loudoun Hospital (ILH) team is very proud of our awards and recognitions. Our hospital has maintained Magnet Nursing Designation for the fourth consecutive term. Of note, only nine percent of hospitals in the United States have earned this designation. We have also been nationally recognized by the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMC) receiving a five out of five star rating in quality care. Additionally, the Leapfrog Group has ranked us as a Top Hospital for 2020 and has rated us “Straight A’s” per the Leapfrog safety grade since 2012. ILH is one of only 27 hospitals nationwide to earn “Straight A’s” since the inception of the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade.
Our Surgery Center has been awarded a gold star by the Joint Commission Center of excellence for Hip and Knee Replacements and Spinal Surgery. Additionally, our Neurology and Neurosurgery has been ranked as #41 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. We take pride in our prestigious national recognitions as a hospital and in our Magnet designation for nursing.
ILH’s Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) has a total of 18 bays (14 stage 1 bays and 4 stage 2 bays), that serve a diverse surgical population of all ages. Our Surgical Service Lines include, general/trauma, endoscopy, spine, orthopedic, neurosurgery, robotics, urology, plastics, gynecology, breast, podiatry, vascular, maxillofacial, dental, and ENT. As ILH strives for level two trauma designation our PACU team is evolving, and expanding our skillsets and knowledge base.
Our PACU team members are self-motivated, hardworking and a proficient group of nurses. We have varying/staggered shift times, and as of now, we staff until 2200. Nurses care for patients in Phase 1 and Phase 2 and work very closely with our Pre-op team. We take pride in our excellent patient care and wide knowledge base that continues to expand and adapt to meet the needs of our community. We utilize music therapy for our patients as they awake from anesthesia. The PACU team benefits from this as well and loves the calming environment the music provides.
- One year of PACU/Critical Care Nursing experience is required
- Solid PACU experience is highly desired
- BSN or ADN Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is highly desired. If RN has an ADN, within six months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and:- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend - Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses - Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date - Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- RN license to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- ACLS, BLS & PALS healthcare provider certifications from the American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Must be available for any required orientation and training