Back to Results
Specialty Sonographer - FT - Springfield Healthplex
Alexandria Hospital 640632 Full Time 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA, 22304, USApply
A day in the life of a Specialty Sonographer can look like:
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical history/informed consent from patients or patients' chart to assist physicians in optimizing the performance and interpretation of examinations.
- Assists physicians in performing TEE, Fetal Echoes and AV optimization studies by using departmental protocols to provide optimum results.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper sterile technique and isolation precautions as they pertain to the various specialty procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent problems that may interfere with exams and takes appropriate action to resolve them and produce the most desirable outcomes.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of intravenous (IV) heparin locks and central line usage as they pertain to Sonography.
- Explains procedures to patients/families and answers questions to ease anxiety and ensure patient cooperation.
- Demonstrates proper technique for injection of IV contrast, or other test enhancing solutions, in alignment with standards of the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Correctly identifies patients and their files while ensuring a high degree of accuracy. Tracks patients according to department procedures. Identifies errors and takes immediate action for corrections.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Work schedule: Monday - Friday - oncall Required - Full-time
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school/program of diagnostic medical sonography or five years of specialized training in a hospital/healthcare setting.
- Experience: One year experience in a hospital/healthcare environment in the performance of Specialized Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Certification: ARDMS, CCI or ARRT registered. Must have RVT/RVS/VS with specialty in Vascular or Neurosonology; or RDCS/RCS with a specialty in Adult Echo, Fetal Echo or Pediatric Echo; or RDMS/ARRT with at least two sonographer specialties (ie: OB/GYN, Breast, AB) , ARDMS, CCI or ARRT registered; BLS & CPR from the American Heart Association.