Job DescriptionEdits, writes content for, maintains and provides ongoing updates of Inova's Internet and intranet sites. Helps develop new web pages and sites, incorporating best practices in content, usability, search-engine optimization, transactional paradigms and content management. Plans and conceptualizes content and layout of site to achieve short- and long-term communications objectives. Using web-log analysis tool, monitors, analyzes and creates reports on web sites' metrics. Helps manage SEO and PPC campaigns. Works closely with departmental and interdepartmental clients to ensure that customer needs and deadlines are met. Partners with others in Marketing department, including marketing managers and designers, to create and maintain content.
- Reviews and updates content, removing outdated content, writing and editing new content as necessary (working with subject-matter experts and other partners throughout the System), and revising pages/sites for optimal usability.
- Works to promote increased use of the sites by organizing pages in a easy-to-understand, usable fashion.
- Ensures that content is correct and easy to read. Ensures that the sites support Inova's brand and messages, working in partnership with others in the Marketing department or the System.
- Optimizes Web sites' architecture for effective navigation by customers and staff.
- Ensures that content and images meet Inova's quality and graphic standards.
- Helps evaluate, select and manage software, hardware, materials, procedures and, if appropriate, vendors for the enhancement of the sites.
- Using web-log analysis tool, monitors, analyzes and creates reports on web sites' metrics. Helps manage SEO and PPC campaigns.Reports to Senior Manager, Internet Services, on a regular basis about traffic and usage patterns.
- Provides creative input and execution on technology-related initiatives; offers direction and support for new projects and ways to leverage technology tools.
- Contributes to management of daily search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing efforts.
- Researches and monitors key phrases and their positions in pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns.
- Works closely with vendors who may provide services in this area.
- Monitors and communicates progress of tasks and initiatives to ensure that deadlines and schedules are met.
- Collaborates with Senior Manager, Internet Services, as well as others in the Marketing division ' marketing managers, graphic designers, other writers and editors ' to ensure that customer needs are met and/or executed.
- Collaborates with Senior Manager, Internet Services, on procedures, initiatives, content, design and development of the sites.
- Builds effective relationships with colleagues, subject-matter experts, customers and external vendors to provide efficient, effective and timely support.
Bachelors degree, preferably in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related field. Demonstrated experience as editor/writer in a fast-paced, goal-oriented communications environment, working with both print and electronic products.
5-7 years of solid experience in writing and editing for the Web, integrating print and electronic marketing and communications campaigns, and working with content-management systems. Solid grounding in best practices in Web site architecture and principles of usability.
Strong writing and editing skills; ability to learn and use new technologies a must. Strong organizational skills. Detail-oriented.