- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan assistance – up to $10,000!
- State-of-the-art medical and training facilities
- Paid parental leave for birth/adoption of a child
- Retirement benefits with match from day one
Inova Health System’s Fairfax Hospital is looking for an Vascular Technologist to join our Cardiac Diagnostics Team as a Vascular Specialist. This position supports Vascular Sonographic Studies such as: Carotid Duplex, Renal Artery Duplex, Aorta Iliac Duplex, Lower and Upper Extremity Duplex, ABI, TBI, Exercise ABI, Segmental Pressures, WBI and Lower Extremity Veins for Insufficiency.
This is not a hospital setting - no weekends, no nights, no call, regular business hours (M-F, 8a-4:30p). Sign-on Bonus (up to $15K) & Relocation available for those eligible.
- Calculates, measures and documents appropriate values on the tests performed for review and interpretation by physicians.
- Communicates with physicians, managers and coworkers, as appropriate, about changes in patients' clinical conditions while undergoing vascular studies.
- Maintains the vascular laboratory quality assurance database.
- Calibrates/maintains equipment and orders supplies when needed.
- Demonstrates proper Vascular techniques under the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Standards.
- Independently performs diagnostic carotid duplex, abdominal aorta studies, lower extremity Veins for insufficiency, ABI/WBI and arterial studies of upper and lower extremities of patients with suspected peripheral vascular disease by following ICAEL and ICAVL guidelines and in accordance with the echo/vascular laboratory protocols.
- Ask your Recruiter for the full job description!
- Hours: M-F, days - full-time
- Location: Fairfax Hospital - Cardiac Diagnostics - Virginia Heart
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound program or five years of directly relevant on the job training
- Experience: Minimum two years of experience in an Echo/Vascular Laboratory
- Certifications: Must be ARDMS with RVT or CCI with the RVS Certification for Vascular or Registry eligible and must obtain within two years of hire; BLS from the AHA
Inova’s hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
We are proud to be named one of Forbes’ 2022 Best Employers for Women, #11 of 5,000+ facilities on Nurse Journal’s national 2023 Best Places to Work as a Nurse list, and a Top Performer in the 2022 Healthcare Equality Index for LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality.
Learn more about Inova Health System!
- Full Benefits Package
- Inova Awards and Recognition
- Inova YouTube Channel
- Inova Facebook Careers Page
Inova’s Anti-Discrimination Employment Policy
Inova Health System is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. To fulfill this commitment, Inova Health System does not discriminate in any employment-related decision and administers all of its employment programs, procedures and practices without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions and lactation), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information. Inova operates both affirmative action and equal opportunity programs, consistent with federal and state requirements, including Governor's Executive Order One (2018). Consistent with federal and state requirements, Inova also prohibits retaliation against any person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice.