Step One: Search Open Positions
Thank you for your interest in a career at Inova. Begin the application process by viewing our career listings online.
Once you find an opportunity that aligns with your skillset, credentials and interests, click “Apply now.”
- New career seekers will be prompted to create a profile.
- Current team members will be prompted to login to an existing profile account.
After your profile is built, complete the online application and submit.
- You may view your application status and update your resume at any time by logging into your profile.
- If you need help with your password, prompts on the login page will guide you.
Submitted applications and profiles are carefully reviewed by our recruitment team. Qualified candidates will receive a phone call or email from a recruiter.
- Inova considers all applicants and does not discriminate in any employment-related decision, program, or practice (including but not limited to hiring, promotion, or termination) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization or other non-merit factor.
You may be asked to discuss your qualifications in a phone screen interview with a recruiter. If your skillset is aligned with a career opportunity, you may be scheduled for an in-person interview.
- Certain positions may also require a peer interview or for you to shadow an Inova team member.
Offer and Pre-Employment Requirements
If you are selected for a position, your recruiter will review the offer and the remaining pre-employment requirements. If you verbally accept the offer, you will:
- Complete a Background Check Release Form.
- Receive a formal offer letter via email.
- Accept or decline the offer in the candidate portal.
- Schedule a Team Member Health assessment.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of the pre-employment background check and Team Member Health clearance.
Prepare for your Team Member Health Assessment
The Team Member Health Assessment includes:
- Review of immunization history
- Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Drug screen
Prior to your assessment, please:
- Complete the provided Health Packet
- Obtain copies of your immunizations, titers, TB screening and/or chest x-ray results and a TB treatment history
Flu and COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Team Members
As the leading nonprofit healthcare provider in Northern Virginia, and a trusted voice in the Washington, DC area, we have taken a leadership position with respect to how we can most effectively do our part to end COVID-19.
Driven by our mission and our commitment to team member safety, as well as studying the most current scientific information via the CDC, Inova Health System requires all newly hired team members to comply with Inova’s Immunization Program, which includes completing the primary COVID-19 vaccine series and, if eligible, a booster vaccine, prior to their hire date. Team members may submit a request for an exemption for medical or religious reasons.
In addition, Inova continues to require an annual flu shot. Limited exceptions may be discussed with your leader.