Our Mission Drives Everything We Do
We seek every opportunity to meet the unique needs of each person we are privileged to serve – every time, every touch.
Please note: This video was produced before COVID-19 and does not illustrate the safety procedures currently in place at Inova.
We not only have the opportunity to provide world-class care, but also the privilege to share in the lives of our patients and their families. In return, we aspire to:
- Exceed the expectations of our customers
- Own whatever concerns come our way
- Embrace our customers’ cultural differences and customize our services to their needs
- Treat our colleagues as valued customers
- Listen to customer feedback and take action
- Bring pride to the Inova name
Inova employees demonstrate our commitment to service excellence through:
- Positive attitude – We approach our work in an upbeat and supportive way.
- Professional appearance – We present ourselves, our facility and our environment in a welcoming way.
- Respect – We are considerate of everyone.
- Ethics – We do what is right.
- Assistance – We help others in any way that we can.
- Courtesy – We act and respond politely.
At Inova, we have the privilege to serve some of our nation’s most diverse communities by leveraging the talents, perspectives and experiences of one beautifully diverse team. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion and workplace that that inspires a sense of belonging in every team member.
Team Member Resource Groups
As part of our continuing commitment to building a culture of inclusion and belonging, Inova formally established Team Member Resource Groups in 2021. Sometimes referred to as employee resource groups of affinity groups, TMRGs are formed around shared characteristics or life experiences and provide a platform for members and their allies to connect with one another and the organization. They are voluntary, team member-led and open to all Inova-employed team members. TMRGs serve as advisors to the business and lead group-specific initiatives related to recruiting, engagement, education, communication, mentorship, celebrations, observances, community outreach and more. Through these efforts, TMRGs help to amplify the voice of under-represented people and communities, thereby strengthening inclusion and belonging. Inova currently has seven Team Member Resource Groups:
- BLAC (Black Leader Advisory Committee) | Black & African American
- Uncharted |Women
- Inova Pride | LGBTQ+
- INOVAsians | Asian American and Pacific Islander
- We Who Serve | Veterans and Military Families
- LatinX | Hispanic & LatinX
- InovAbility | People with Disabilities
Inova Inclusion Council
Sponsored by executive leadership, Inova’s Inclusion Council is responsible for coordinating and ensuring systemness of our diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives. The intent is to strengthen team members’ sense of belonging at Inova to ensure every team member has a voice.