The purpose of this study is to see how often men with metastatic prostate cancer have DNA-repair defects. The other main purpose of the study is to let participants and their doctors know the results of your tests. This study will take approximately 1 day with a possible follow up visit up to 30 days after your initial visit, if applicable. This study will include a one time a saliva sample, a blood sample or a previously collected tumor tissue sample.
Inova Schar Cancer Institute
8081 Innovation Park Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22031
A department of Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Male over the age of 18 years
- Diagnosis of metastatic (Stage IV) PC, confirmed by either biopsy of a metastatic tumor site or history of localized disease supported by metastatic disease on imaging studies (ie, clearly noted in hospital/clinical records)
- Willing to provide a saliva or blood sample for genomic analysis
- Additional eligibility in protocol
- Any condition for which, in the opinion of the investigator, participation would not be in the best interest of the subject (eg, compromise the well-being) or that could prevent, limit, or confound the protocol-specified assessments
- Additional ineligibility in protocol
For more information, go to: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03871816