The purpose of the study is to test the effectiveness (how well the drug works), safety, and tolerability of the investigational drug called NKTR-214 , when combined with nivolumab versus nivolumab given alone in participants with previously untreated melanoma skin cancer that is either unable to be surgically removed or has spread. NKTR-214 and nivolumab in this informed consent may also be referred to as study medication(s) or treatment.
Inova Schar Cancer Institute
8081 Innovation Park Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
A department of Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Histologically confirmed stage III (unresectable) or stage IV melanoma.
- Treatment-naïve participants (ie, no prior systemic anticancer therapy for unresectable or metastatic melanoma) with the exception of prior adjuvant treatment for melanoma with approved agents (eg, BRAF/MEK inhibitors, ipilimumab, nivolumab, pembrolizumab or Interferon.
- Additional eligibility in protocol.
- Participants who have had recurrence within the 6 months of completing adjuvant treatment are not eligible.
- Additional eligibility in protocol
For more information go to: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03635983