Protocol NumberInova U19-06-3619
The purpose of this study is to better understand the pattern of melanoma response to anti-PD1 therapy. This study may also help understand how to predict whether or not patients will respond well to therapy, and for how long. The goal of the study is to increase patient survival rates for multiple types of cancer through a greater understanding of the molecular and genetic components of response.
Inova Schar Cancer Institute
8081 Innovation Park Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22031
A department of Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed metastatic melanoma including stage IV or advanced/inoperable stage III melanoma
- 18 – 75 years of age
- Life expectancy of greater than three months
- Able to understand and sign the Informed Consent Document
- Additional eligibility in protocol
- Participants may not be receiving any other investigational agents
- Uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to: ongoing or active infection or psychiatric illness that would limit compliance with study requirements
- Participants must not have autoimmune disorders or conditions of immunosuppression that require current ongoing treatment with systemic corticosteroids (or other systemic immunosuppressants), including oral steroids (i.e., prednisone, dexamethasone) or continuous use of topical steroid creams or ointments or ophthalmologic steroids or steroid inhalers
- Additional ineligibility in protocol