The purpose of this study is to test the safety of the study drug, pembrolizumab, in combination with a chemotherapy plus a steroid on participants with mCRPC with disease progression after being treated with a NHA. The study will determine the safety and efficacy of pembrolizumab compared to placebo (a look-alike with no active ingredients) in combination with a chemotherapy and a steroid. Pembrolizumab (MK-3475), also known as KEYTRUDA®.
For more information go to https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03834506
Inova Schar Cancer Institute
A department of Inova Fairfax Hospital
8081 Innovation Park Blvd.
Fairfax, VA 22031
- Male participants with mCRPC in the pre-chemotherapy stage of treatment
- Current evidence of metastatic disease
- Additional eligibility in protocol
- Active autoimmune disease
- Gastrointestinal disorders affecting absorption
- Active central nervous system metastases
- Additional ineligibility in protocol