This is a longitudinal, multi-center, observational study collecting diverse biological measurements and clinical and epidemiological data for the purpose of enabling a greater understanding of the onset of severe outcomes, primarily acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and/or mortality, in patients presenting to the hospital with diagnosis of COVID-19. We seek to understand whether there are early signatures that predict progression to ARDS, mortality, and/or other comorbid conditions.
Inova Fairfax Hospital
3300 Gallows Rd.
Falls Church, VA 22042
Inova Alexandria Hospital
4320 Seminary Rd.
Alexandria, VA 22304
Dr. Christopher deFilippi
- Participant or legally authorized representative willing and able to provide informed consent
- Receiving care at a participating site
- Age 18 years old or older
- U.S. Resident
- Confirmed positive for COVID-19
- Willing and able to comply with all study procedures
- Self reported pregnancy
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04388813