About Lucy De La Cruz, MD
Dr. Lucy M. De La Cruz is fellowship trained in breast surgery and board certified in general surgery. She joined Inova Medical Group with more than four years of experience from the University of Pennsylvania where she was Assistant Professor and Associate Program Director of the Breast Surgery Fellowship Program. She specializes in management of benign and malignant breast disease with a special interest in oncoplastics, hidden scar breast surgery and nipple sparing mastectomy.
Dr. De La Cruz became interested in breast surgery very early in her surgical training. She is passionate about the multidisciplinary approach in management of breast disease and developing personalized care for every patient. Her goal is to help her patients navigate their treatment from beginning to end with ease and achieve oncologic outcomes while maintaining excellent cosmetic results. Dr. De La Cruz has a special interest in outcomes research in breast cancer such as male breast cancer and the impact of genomic testing in the future of breast cancer treatment.
Previously a resident of Palm Beach, FL, Dr. De La Cruz grew up in Mozambique and Spain and currently resides in Washington, DC with her husband and two sons. In her spare time she enjoys pilates, traveling, drawing and spending time with her family.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Chair of Society of Surgical Oncology Fellows Sub-committee 2015-2017
- President of Florida Resident and Associate Society for the American College of Surgeons 2014-2015
- Scientific Research Impact Award at American Breast Surgeons Society
- Intern of the Year, Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami General Surgery Program