The Inova PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Residency Program provides clinical and administrative training for pharmacists suitable for entry into a patient care role as a clinical pharmacist and to sit for board certification. Training opportunities include but are not limited to: primary care, clinically integrated network, specialty pharmacy, cardiology, endocrinology, oncology, administration, academia, and transitions of care.
Residents are also given the opportunity to develop and enhance their practice management and leadership skills through focused departmental responsibilities.
Areas of experience will include, but will not be limited to:
- Direct patient care in our ambulatory facilities
- Provision of drug information to members of the medical, nursing, and pharmacy staff
- Participation in quality initiatives designed to improve the medication use process, and the costs associated
- Development of a residency research project, including preparation of a manuscript for publication
- Presentation of a seminar, a complicated patient case, and journal clubs to members of the pharmacy staff
- Participation in the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and Ambulatory Sub-Committee and formulary management activities, including preparation of a formulary monographs and medication use evaluations
- Staffing at our retail and specialty pharmacies