IHVI’s clinical capabilities cover the full spectrum of complex cardiovascular and pulmonary care from medical evaluation and diagnostic testing through the most innovative minimally invasive surgical techniques and complex open surgeries, including heart and lung transplantation.
A services grid highlights specific services available at each of the Inova hospitals.
3300 Gallows Rd.
Falls Church, VA 22042
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus (IFMC), located just outside of Washington, DC, in Falls Church, VA, is home to IHVI’s dedicated heart hospital, which serves as the hub of the system’s cardiac, vascular and pulmonary services.Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
Awards and Recognition
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
5-Star Rated Hospital (Highest Level of Performance)
Fortune/IBM Watson Health
Watson Health™ 100 Top Hospitals 2020
U.S. News and World Report – 2020-2021
- # 1 Washington, DC Metro Area
- # 3 in Virginia
- High Performing for Aortic Valve Surgery
- High Performing for Heart Bypass Surgery
- High Performing for Heart Failure
- High Performing for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair
- High Performing for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
The Leapfrog Group
“A” Hospital Safety Grade – 5 consecutive reporting periods
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020)
- Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2020, 2019)
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
- Coronary Intervention Excellence Award™ (2020)
- Critical Care Excellence Award™ (2020)
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ (2020, 2019)
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Status
Inova Fairfax Hospital has once again been designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet status is considered the highest organizational honor awarded for nursing excellence. In addition to receiving its Magnet designation, Inova Fairfax also was singled out by ANCC with an "exemplar" for its Merit Rounding program that has been a central part of its care for COVID-19 patients. Exemplars are nationally recognized best practice models.