Information for Referring Physicians
Inova's Interventional Pulmonology Program is a multidisciplinary clinic between interventional pulmonology and thoracic surgery. We strive to optimize health outcomes in complex chest disease patients through our comprehensive approach and prompt diagnosis and treatment.
Determining the best approach to complex chest disease can be difficult. We will schedule an appointment with the patient to review radiographic imaging and order any additional studies that are needed. We will then provide detailed clinical recommendations for diagnosis and treatment.
Our goal is to engage you in the ongoing care of our complex patients. In many circumstances patients will not need to return to our clinic once the initial procedure is completed and counseling performed.
For more information about Inova Interventional Pulmonology Program or to schedule an appointment please call 571-472-1380.
- Electromagnetic navigation
- Endobronchial ultrasound
- Chest tube placement
- Electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy (ENB)
- Endobronchial ultrasound bronchoscopy (EBUS)
- Fiducial marker placement
- Intrabronchial valve placement
- Laser therapy
- Medical thoracoscopy/pleuroscopy
- Percutaneous tracheostomy
- Photodynamic therapy
- Stent placement
- Tunneled pleural catheter placement
- Whole lung lavage