Please note: We are not currently accepting either applications or inquiries for internship opportunities. We hope to reopen the Biomedical Internship Program in the near future. Thank you for your interest.
Inova Biomedical Internship in Neuroscience
Inova's Biomedical Internship Program in Neuroscience provides undergraduate and graduate students at George Mason University College of Science and Neuroscience the chance to work one-on-one with Inova medical care providers and scientists in a two semester research program.
Course Learning Objectives
The goals and objectives of this training program are to:
- Apply knowledge learned in the research experience to solve hypothesis-driven questions
- Search and review scientific literature
- Collect clinical data from health information records or direct patient contact
- Analyze and interpret results
- Enhance scientific writing and communication skills
As a participant, you receive personal and professional guidance from research staff throughout the program. You also are afforded the terrific opportunity to co-author peer-reviewed articles and to develop resources for letters of recommendation.