An annual evaluation at Inova Transplant Center is needed to monitor your health status while you wait for a transplant. This check-up includes updates of any labs and evaluation tests and a reinforcement of the transplant process.
In addition, a blood test (PRA) is needed from you or your dialysis unit every 30 to 90 days, depending on your personal medical history.
Please notify the transplant center if any of the following occur:
- A change in insurance
- Any change in your personal demographics, including name, address or phone number
- You are started on dialysis or you change your dialysis center
- You change your nephrologist
- You are listed at another transplant center or you receive a transplant at another center
- You have medical changes, hospitalizations or receive a blood transfusion