At Inova, we strive to develop and implement innovative, exciting environmental sustainability initiatives – and to share our progress with other healthcare leaders. We have continually proven our leadership within the field of healthcare sustainability.
Some of our major accomplishments include:
- Becoming a charter member of Virginia Hospitals for a Healthy Environment in 2006
- Hosting a Sustainability in Healthcare conference in 2009, 2011 & 2013
- Becoming a charter member of the Healthier Hospitals Initiative in 2011
Inova has also received a variety of awards for our environmental sustainability efforts, including:
- ‘Making Medicine Mercury Free’ awards for all Inova hospitals in 2006
- ‘Going Green’ award at Elizabeth Hartwell Eagle Festival in 2009
- Finalist in Northern Virginia Technology Council’s Green Business Award in 2010
- 35 'Partner for Change' awards from Practice Greenhealth since 2007, including 11 'with Distinction'
- Annual recognition as a 'System for Change' by Practice Greenhealth since 2009
- Environmental Protection Agency’s ‘Best Workplaces for Commuters’ award for Inova Alexandria and Inova Fairfax Hospitals in 2010, 2011 & 2012
- Silver-level award in the Loudoun County Green Business Challenge in 2010
- Gold-level award in the Loudoun County Green Business Challenge in 2011 & 2012
- Platinum-level award in the Loudoun County Green Business Challenge in 2013