Inova Team Member COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions and Fast Facts
- COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions - Updated 2/23/2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fast Facts for Patients (English) - Updated 4/1/2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fast Facts for Patients (Amharic)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fast Facts for Patients (Arabic)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fast Facts for Patients (Farsi)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fast Facts for Patients (Korean)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fast Facts for Patients (Simplified Mandarin)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fast Facts for Patients (Spanish)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fast Facts for Patients (Twi)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fast Facts for Patients (Urdu)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fast Facts for Patients (Vietnamese)
- Information Regarding Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Pause and Resumption - Updated 4/26/2021 new!
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 Vaccine: Frequently Asked Questions - Updated 4/26/2021 new!
- Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Treatment: Interim Clinical Guidelines - Updated 4/28/2021 new!
- Recommended Safety Measures for People with and without the COVID-19 Vaccine - Updated 5/6/2021 new!
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Hours, Traffic, Parking and Shuttle Information
Vaccine Clinic Hours
- Stonebridge Clinic: Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- 5001 Eisenhower Ave., Alexandria, VA 22304
- Appointments for Inova team members are not required
- Inova team members can move to the front of the line, Be sure to wear your Inova badge and proceed straight to the front doors of the vaccination center to fill out a paper registration form.
- Parking: Follow the BLUE signs for the Vaccination Center Parking, located on the east side of the building. When looking at the Vaccination Center building, the blue/east lot is on your right. Please note, the red/west parking lot is for COVID-19 testing appointments only.
- ICPH Clinic: Saturday, April 24 was the last day of operation for the COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic at ICPH
Inova Care Site Vaccine Clinics
(clinics are for Inova team members only, and require an appointment)
Inova Care Site Vaccine Clinic Information
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- Inova Loudoun Hospital
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
- Inova team members and volunteers: Inova identification badge
- Contractors and consultants affiliated with Inova: photo ID and recent paystub or letter from employer
- Medical Staff affiliated with Inova
- Clinical – photo ID and copy of Department of Health Professions license
- Non-clinical – photo ID and copy of recent pay stub or letter from employer
Reminder: Family members, children, guests, etc. are not permitted to attend the event or receive a vaccine. If someone drives you, please have them remain in the car.
Vaccination Consent Form: You need to complete a vaccination consent form when you receive both the first and the second doses of the vaccine. Please print and complete the consent form and take it with you to the vaccination clinic, regardless of whether you have an appointment or are a walk-in. This will streamline the vaccination process and shorten your time in the clinic. If you do not bring a completed consent form, one will be provided to you onsite.
Vaccination Card: Please remember to bring the vaccination card that you received at your first dose when you return for your second dose appointment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Consent Forms (Translations)
Vaccine Clinic Support
The smooth and successful operation of Inova’s Team Member Vaccination Clinic is dependent upon the support of nearly 60 volunteers each day – both clinical and non-clinical – to administer shots, register team members, sanitize clipboards and pens, monitor team members post vaccination and other duties.
We welcome and encourage any help you are able and qualified to provide in the coming weeks and months. If you can assist, please work with your supervisor to approval additional hours and alternate work assignments.
If you’re currently employed or affiliated and licensed to vaccinate:
If you’re able to support the logistics and registration operations:
If you have a friend or family member who is licensed to vaccinate, they can apply for a PRN InovaWell position at https://www.inovacareers.org/.
Unfortunately, we cannot staff the clinic with non-Inova volunteers as they need background investigations, license verifications, etc. They can volunteer through the Medical Reserve Corps to assist the Virginia Department of Health https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/mrc/
Vaccine Communication Resources
For internal use only
- COVID-19 Vaccine Huddle Bullets - Updated 1/6/2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine External Q&A V 6 - Updated 1/8/2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Telephone Operator Script V 6 - Updated 1/8/2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Holding Statement V 6 - Updated 1/8/2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Media Responses - Updated 1/8/2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Service Line Newsletter Content V 6 - Updated 1/8/2021
Inova Health System COVID-19 Research Assessment Committee
Resources for All Team Members
Back to School Resources
As local school systems announce instruction plans for the 2020/21 academic year, Inova understands the stress and uncertainty that are put on households with children. Supporting your well-being during this challenging time is a top priority, and we are working hard to deploy solutions that can help.
Local businesses and individuals have offered a variety of resources and discounts to help Inova team members during the COVID-19 crisis.
FAQ's and Guidelines
Join us in saluting Inova's Faces on the Frontline with a set of baseball cards featuring a few players on Inova's amazing team, who have been knocking it out of the park this spring. The cards feature Inova team members who faced what seemed like insurmountable challenges and successfully met them head on.
- A Guide to Workplace Safety Amid COVID-19 - Updated 6/24/2020
- Bright Horizons Back-up Care FAQ (August 2020)
- Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports (August 2020)
- Bright Horizons Fact Sheet Back Up Care (August 2020)
- Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker Letter - Updated 11/12/2020
- Human Resources FAQs - Updated 3/24/2021 new!
- Navigating Back to School FAQ
- Navigating Back to School Flyer
- Telework Tips - Updated 8/20/2020
- Safe@Inova Workplace Safety - Updated 8/27/2020
Letters and Announcements
- CARES Act: Help for Physician Practices - Updated 4/1/2020
- Changes to Shuttle Services and Patient Valet Parking - Updated 4/2/2020
- Inova Patient Safety Communication Template - Updated 5/28/2020
- Letter from Dr. Motew: PPE Requests - Updated 4/7/2020
- Letter from Dr. Motew: Your COVID Readiness Questions - Updated 3/31/20
- Letter from Dr. Motew: Community Provider Thank You - Updated 3/20/20
- Letter from Drs. Steve Motew and Anne Summers - Updated 3/18/2020
- Life Support Class Update: Inova Well - Updated 6/18/2020
- Modeling Safe@Inova - Updated 8/13/2020 new!
- Thriving in Chaos and Adversity - Updated 4/10/2020
Team Member Health (resources for team member exposure, symptoms and testing)
Team Member Reassignment
Team Member Wellness
Resources to help you and yours manage stress, anxiety, and communication during this unique challenge. We wish you well. And, as always, we’re here to help!
- AirWatch Instructions - iOS
- AirWatch Instructions - Android
- Zoom Backgrounds
- Zoom Meeting Guidance: Tips for Avoiding Security Threats - Updated 4/15/2020
Video – Airwatch Installation Guide for Native Android Application (13 mins)
Video – Airwatch/Native Email Client Installation on iOS Devices (12 mins)
Video – Citrix Receiver Installation Tutorial for Macs (15 mins)
Video – Citrix Workspace Installation Tutorial for Macs (15 mins)
Video – Installation of Citrix for Remote Workers on Windows OS Computers (15:30 mins)
Video – Unboxing and Setting Up Your Meraki for Remote Work (9 mins) – Model MX64
Video – Unboxing and Setting Up Your Meraki for Remote Work (8 mins) – Model Z3
Video – Unboxing and Setting Up Your Meraki for Remote Work (10:30 mins) – Model Z1
Resources for Patient Care
Screening and Testing
- Central Imaging Scheduling: COVID-19 Screening Script - Updated 3/18/2020
- COVID-19 and Flu Testing Guideline - Updated 10/7/2020
- COVID-19 Test Result Smartphrase/Script–Positive Test Result - Updated 8/26/2020
- COVID-19 Test Results Call Center Closure - Updated 4/28/2021 new!
- COVID-19 Testing FAQ - Updated 10/7/2020
- Extended Care Facility Patient Testing Process - Updated 4/23/2020
- Follow-up Steps for Patients with Pending COVID-19 Testing - Updated 5/1/2021 new!
- Outpatient COVID-19 and Flu Testing - Updated 10/8/2020
- Pre-Procedure COVID-19 Testing Locations - Updated 5/10/2021 new!
- Pre-Procedural COVID-19 Testing Update - Updated 5/6/2021 new!
- Pre-Procedure Testing Follow-Up - Updated 4/30/2021 new!
- Rapid Test Order Panel Changes FAQ - Updated 11/12/2020
- SBAR for Blood Product Mitigation Strategies - Updated 3/18/2020
- Serology Testing: Infectious Disease Position Statement - Updated 5/15/2020
- Testing Newborns of COVID-19 Positive or Suspected Mothers - Updated 5/3/2021 new!
Epic Tip Sheets (on InovaNet)
- Epic Tip Sheet: COVID-19 Antibody Testing Orders (Inpatient and Outpatient) (on InovaNet)
- Epic Tip Sheet: COVID-19 BPA / Huddle Message (on InovaNet)
- Epic Tip Sheet: COVID-19 System Lists (on InovaNet)
- Epic Tip Sheet: COVID-19 Testing Orders (Inpatient and Outpatient) (on InovaNet)
- Epic Tip Sheet: Update COVID-19 Screening in Epic (All Registration and Nursing) (on InovaNet)
- Epic Tip Sheet: Infection Status on Storyboard (on InovaNet)
- Aerosol Generating Procedures (AGP) Guidelines - Updated 12/2/2020
- Aerosol Generating Procedures (AGP) SBAR: Re-evaluation of Procedures - Updated 12/2/2020
- Double Occupancy Room Guidelines - Updated 12/21/2020
- Flu Vaccine in COVID-19 Patients - Updated 10/1/2020
- Guidance for Waiting Rooms and Transaction Counters - Updated 5/22/2020
- Isolation Precautions: Contact-Airborne-Droplet Poster (horizontal) - Updated 5/3/2021 new!
- Isolation Precautions: Contact-Airborne-Droplet Poster (vertical) - Updated 5/3/2021 new!
- How to Protect Yourself and Others: Inside and Outside - Updated 5/28/2020
- MSET Management: Aerosol Generating Procedures (AGP) Focused new!
- Patient Transport within the Acute Care Setting
- Postmortem Care Guidelines - Updated 4/7/2020
- Waste Management Guidelines - Updated 3/30/2020
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Ambulatory Terminal Cleaning Guidance: COVID-19 + Team Member - Updated 10/8/2020
- Inpatient Approved Disinfectants and Dwell Times - Updated 11/12/2020
- Inpatient Terminal Cleaning Guidelines - Updated 6/5/2020
- Outpatient Terminal Cleaning Guidelines - Updated: 6/5/2020
- Room Hold Time for Removal of Airborne Contaminants - Updated 6/5/2020
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
PPE Donning and Doffing
- PPE Donning and Doffing Instructions & Visual Aid
- N95 with Faceshield: Donning and Doffing Video
- PAPR: Donning and Doffing Video
- Procedural Mask: Donning and Doffing Video
- Inova COVID-19 PPE Guidelines - Updated 12/6/2020 new!
- PPE Rationale - Updated 9/9/2020
- PPE Refresher - Updated 10/8/2020
- Reusable PPE Disinfection - Updated 11/19/20
- Standard Precautions Policy
- Skin Care: Guidance to Reduce Skin Irritation Caused by PPE - Updated 5/7/2020
Eye Protection, Gloves and Gowns
- Eye Protection FAQs - Updated 9/28/2020
- Glove Use for Patient Care - Updated 11/5/20
- Reusable Isolation Gowns - Updated 5/12/2020
N95 and Equivalent Respirators
- Inova Respirator Fit Testing Scheduling
- 3M 6000 Mask Re-fit Testing: SBAR - Updated 4/14/2021 new!
- Inova Respirators at a Glance - Updated 12/28/2020 new!
- Surgical vs. Medical N95 Masks: What Is the Difference? - Updated 4/22/2020
- 3M 1860/1860s and 8210 Fitting Instructions with Seal Check - Updated 9/25/2020
- 3M 6000 Respirator at a Glance + Cleaning Instructions - Updated 6/18/2020
- 3M 6000 Respirator FAQs - Updated 12/24/2020 new!
- 3M 6000 Respirator: Source Control with Face Masks - Updated 8/27/2020
- 3M 6000 Respirator: Part Replacement Guidance - Updated 6/18/2020
- KC Halyard Duckbill Regular/Small Fitting Instructions - Updated 5/26/2020
Powered Air-Purifying Respirators (PAPRs)
- Training for PAPR Use – 3M Air Mate and Versaflo Models
- Safe Use of PAPR in the Surgical/Procedural Field - Updated 10/2/2020
PPE Guidance for Specific Service Lines
- Dialysis, ECT and Bedside Swallow Studies PPE - Updated 9/25/2020
- GE Specialty PPE Guidance - Updated 9/25/2020
- Inova Laboratory Services N95 Mask Distribution Guidelines - Updated 5/8/2020
- OB and OB Anesthesia Specialty PPE Guidance - Updated 4/3/2020
- PPE Recommendations for Urgent/Emergent Interventional Lab Procedures - Updated 6/19/2020
Service Line-Specific Information
- Ambulatory Screening & Resources Script - Updated 9/29/2020
- Guidelines for Care of COVID-19+ Mothers andtheir Newborns - Updated 10/8/2020
- Inova Opens Respiratory Illness Clinic in Old Town Alexandria - Updated 4/20/2020
- Inova Pharmacy Plus: Curbside Pickup - Updated 4/7/2020
- Inova Pharmacy Plus: Medications by Mail - Updated 3/27/2020
- Inova Urgent Care Centers Now Offering Telemedicine Visits - Updated 4/29/2020
- Nephrology Position Statement: CRRT Related Supplies - Updated 4/7/2020
- Patient Letter: Pre-Surgery/Pre-Procedure COVID-19 Screening - Updated 5/10/2021 new!
- Prescription Solutions During COVID-19 - Updated 4/10/2020
- Respiratory Therapy Guidelines - Updated: 3/21/2020
Specimen Collection Guidance
- COVID-19 Analgesia and Sedation Considerations - Updated 4/8/2020
- COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma (CCP) Fact Sheet: Healthcare Providers - Updated 2/4/2021
- COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma (CCP) Fact Sheet: Patients - Updated 2/4/2021
- COVID-19 Medicine Pathway - Updated 3/1/2021
- COVID-19 Positive Patient: What to Expect - Updated 6/23/2020
- COVID-19 Research at Inova - Updated 4/9/2020
- Discontinuation of Isolation for Inpatients with Confirmed/Suspected COVID-19 - Updated 1/13/2021
- Hydroxychloroquine: Infectious Disease Position Statement - Updated 5/22/2020
- Inova Extended COVID-19 Care Clinics: Provider Letter - Updated 1/21/2021
- Inova Extended COVID-19 Care Clinics: Patient Referrals - Updated 1/21/2021
- Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Treatment: Interim Clinical Guidelines - Updated 4/20/2021 new!
- Language and Disability Services: Six FAQs Regarding COOVID-19 Situations - Updated 5/21/2020
- National Healthcare Decisions Day: Provider Call to Action - Updated 4/15/2020
- Negative Pressure Rooms: Do's and Don'ts - Updated 4/13/2020
- Nursing Care of Prone Patients to Prevent Pressure Injuries - Updated 5/7/2020
- Patient Care Equipment Outside of ICU Patient Rooms: Talking Points - Updated 4/3/2020
- Patient Room Telephone Directory Information - Updated 4/16/2020
- Post-Tracheostomy Care of the COVID-19 Patient - Updated 5/13/2020
- Practice Alert: Discontinuing IV Pumps/Vent Controls Outside of Patient Rooms - Updated 8/27/2020
- Primary Care Physician (PCP) Follow-Up for COVID-19 - Updated 5/18/2020
- Prone Positioning of Non-Critical Care Patients - Updated 11/17/2020
- Provider Coding Guidance for COVID-19 - Updated 4/2/2020
- PulseOx Meters for Ambulatory Patients - Updated 6/23/2020
- PulseOx Meters for Ambulatory Patients: Patient Instructions - Updated 6/23/2020
- Remdesivir Fact Sheet for Patients and Parent/Caregivers
- Self-Proning Instructions for Patients (English-Spanish) - Updated 4/30/2020
- Team Member Oxygen Safety - Updated 9/3/2020
- Tracheostomy Tubes: Conversion to Shiley Flexible Tracheostomy Tubes - Updated 4/8/21 new!
- Treating Common COVID-19 Symptoms at Home - Updated 4/7/20
- Treatment Guidelines - Updated 3/23/2021 new!
- COVID-19 Signage Order Form - Updated 7/21/2020
- End of Life Visitation - Updated 3/18/2021
- Glove Removal Poster - Updated 6/17/20
- Guidance for Enforcing One Visitor Per Patient Policy - Updated 7/9/2020
- Infrared Thermometer Competency Checklist - Updated 6/25/2020
- Inova Mask & Social Distancing Signage - Updated 5/19/2020
- Masking Guidance for Patients & Visitors - Updated 5/14/2020
- Patient Care Companion Information (English) - Updated 4/1/2020
- Safe@Inova Flyer - Updated 4/6/2021 new!
- Safe@Inova Visitor Handout - Updated 4/6/2021 new!
- Safe@Inova Visitor Guidance Poster - Updated 4/8/2021 new!
- Visitation Updates for Inova Loudoun Nursing and Rehabilitation Center - Updated 9/24/2020
- Visitor Guidance FAQs - Updated 6/29/2020
- Guidelines for Parent/Caregiver Presence for Pediatric Patients on Pediatric Units - Updated 11/9/2020
- Visitor Restriction Guidelines: Women's Services - Updated 2/26/2021
Resources for Telemedicine
Patient Feedback and Words of Gratitude
Our patients and community members continue to express their gratitude for the world-class care they are receiving across Inova. Their words are an incredible reflection of the compassionate, connected care, being provided by our Inova teams and we are proud and humbled to share what they have to say…
“…very impressed with the staff's response to Coronavirus. Sanitizing procedures were excellent and I truly felt safe being there.”
Inova Urgent Care
“This was my first telemedicine appointment and it went as well as my office visits. I'm glad this was offered due to coronavirus.”
Inova Primary Care
“Due to COVID-19, special care was taken. My husband was kept up-to-date with my status.” Inpatient Care
“Given that we are in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, admission staff, nurses, doctor, basically everyone, were phenomenal and super professional in how they treated me from the moment I arrived to when I departed. I commend them and thank them all for their service.” Inova Emergency Services
“This was the best ER experience I have ever had... there was much awareness around coronavirus and the associated protocols... every member of staff seemed cognitive of this in their actions... hand cleansing went on everywhere.” Inova Emergency Services
“During this time of COVID-19, I am happy to see a lot of precautions being done around the office. The staff is calm and attentive. I felt safe which is what matters most these days.” Inova Primary Care
“…we requested early (24-hour) discharge due to the risks of COVID-19. The nursing team worked expeditiously to accommodate our request, and we were able to leave 25 hours after our baby was born. thank you!!!!” Inpatient Care
“During this difficult time dealing with COVID-19, I got the best care anyone could have asked for. I thank you all for continuing to be on the front lines in this fight.” Inova Emergency Services
“My first visit to this office was during the COVID-19 quarantine and the office did an amazing job to make me feel safe. They did not have any patients interact throughout the entire process and made sure to take all safety precautions. I was amazed and thrilled because I have a heart condition and going out in this was very scary.” Inova Primary Care
“With all of the coronavirus concerns it would have been expected to be harsh and bossy, but the professionalism and courtesy was amazing and seemed to be standard.” Inpatient Care
“No one was allowed to have someone with them unless they were interpreting because of COVID-19. It was definitely understandable, and the staff was appropriately apologetic and understanding when they told me my husband could not come with me.” Inova Emergency Services
“I appreciated my healthcare provider taking the time to discuss the COVID-19 to me. Even though I am aware of it and what to expect, I appreciate my healthcare provider speaking on it." Inova Primary Care
“I've been married to a nurse for almost 42 years! Great attention to detail in this time of COVID-19 - they put me at ease and got me well-situated for examination and treatment. I always felt that they listened and explained things very well.” Inova Emergency Services
“… made a number of calls on my behalf to determine whether and where I should get a COVID-19 test, since I was exhibiting the correct symptoms (I tested negative). She did an excellent job of explaining the diagnostic and treatment options associated with my condition. She also followed up on my condition and prescribed antibiotics since I have elevated white blood cell count. I appreciate her dedication and definitely felt well cared for.” Inova Primary Care
Related Video Messages
Podcast: Inova Coronavirus Info - Friday, March 6
Jen Siciliano, Chief External Affairs and Communications Officer, talks with Dr. Stephen Motew, Chief, Clinical Enterprise, and Dr. Kari Scantlebury, emergency medicine physician at Inova Fairfax Hospital and Lead Physician Advisor for Emergency Preparedness and Response, about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). They discuss the steps Inova is taking to prepare for the safety of its patients and team members, trusted resources employees should use, and contact information for any questions.