Collaborative Practice Committee
Once the comprehensive work-up has been completed, a potential candidate has his or her case presented at Inova's weekly lung transplant collaborative practice committee meeting.
This committee consists of the multidisciplinary team that evaluated you. The committee reviews and discusses in detail each case before making a recommendation (see below).
Every effort is made to inform you of the committee's decision within 3 working days of the meeting.
The committee will make one of the following recommendations:
- Accept the patient for transplantation
- Request further tests before making a determination
- Defer on listing the patient if his or her case is not advanced enough or if there are concerns regarding compliance, psychosocial support or nutritional status
- Suggest other forms of therapy prior to listing
- Reject the patient for transplantation