Inova Transplant Center is the most active transplant program in the Northern Virginia and Washington, DC, area. Associated with Inova Fairfax Hospital, recognized as one of the nation's finest hospitals, the center performed the region's first heart transplant as well as the first lung and kidney transplants in Northern Virginia. The center enjoys a well-deserved reputation for innovation and excellence. People from throughout the region come to Inova when transplant is their last and only life-saving option.
Call 800-358-8831 or, in the Washington area, 703-970-3200, for patient referral or other information.
Inova Transplant Center is an innovator in transplant care and has offered its community a number of transplant "firsts." We combine state-of-the-art technology with a caring concern for people to provide the best in healthcare to the transplant population. We use effective clinical pathways and a dedicated clinical staff to provide a smooth and complete continuum of care from pre- through post-transplantation.
Comprehensive, compassionate expertise
Inova Transplant Center at Inova Fairfax Hospital offers a full scope of inpatient and outpatient transplant services for patients who require kidney, pancreas, heart, lung or bone marrow transplantations. Our comprehensive approach to patient care demonstrates our commitment to excellence, patient satisfaction and cost reduction.
Our transplant success is measured by overall graft and patient survival rates, all of which exceed the national averages as reported by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS). Inova offers both air and ground transport systems that are equipped to handle acute patients needs and are available for immediate organ retrieval.
- Inova Transplant Center works collaboratively with referring physicians to manage patients from the initial referral through the extended care of the patient after transplantation
- Inova Transplant Center's heart, lung and kidney transplant programs are certified by Medicare
- Inova Transplant Center measures clinical quality, appropriateness of care, and effectiveness of treatment using written clinical guidelines and outcome studies
- Inova Transplant Center provides cost-effective treatment in the least restrictive clinical environment
- Transplant team members are available for transplant patients and their families 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Inova Transplant Center offers support groups and ongoing education for transplant patients and their families
- Inova Transplant Centers case management team works closely with managed care organizations to coordinate patient care
- Inova Transplant Center offers, when needed, flexible billing to accommodate patients financial circumstances