Visits from family and friends are great therapy and an important part of recovery, but remember, so is rest. Our visiting hours are designed to accommodate both. Visiting hours may be different depending on the patient care unit. Special arrangements may be made for family members to stay with patients, in private rooms only. Ask the nurse for information. Visiting children may not be left unattended in the halls or waiting rooms.
Intensive care unit
Immediate family only from 8 – 9 a.m., 11 a.m. – noon, 3 – 5 p.m. and 8 – 9 p.m.
Inova Loudoun Ladies Board Birthing Inn
- Labor/Delivery/Recovery allows up to three visitors (as per patient wishes) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Family Centered Care allows visits from the mother's banded support person 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Our postpartum rooms are designed to have one adult stay overnight in Mom's room with the newborn. No children may stay overnight.
- Visitors over the age of 12 may visit from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Siblings of the newborn (any age) are also welcome from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied at all times by a supervising adult. Children must remain in the room while visiting.
- No latex balloons are permitted due to latex allergies of some patients
Parents and grandparents may visit on an unrestricted basis. Other visitors are allowed from 1– 4 p.m. and 6 – 8 p.m. No children under 12 unless a sibling.
Behavioral medicine unit
- Weekdays, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Weekends, 1 – 8 p.m.
- All visitors allowed 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Private rooms – overnight guests limited to two
- Semi-private rooms – no overnight guests allowed and only two visitors at a time
- No children under 12 unless a sibling or child of the patient
Each visitor must sign in at the lobby desk in the ER waiting room before being allowed into the ER. Visitors are limited to two per patient.