The program has developed affiliation agreements with all the schools and colleges of podiatric medicine. Clerkships are open to all schools and are limited to third and fourth year students in the top 25 percent of their class.
- The clerkship program is overseen by Dr. Stephen F. Stern, Residency Program Director
- The program participates in the Uniform Externship Program administered by AACPM.
- Applications are available through the school's respective externship office
- The hospital provides a housing stipend for the selected applicants
- The clerk must provide his/her own transportation
- Clerks are advised to contact the residency coordinator regarding their scheduled date of arrival.
- Clinic attire including a laboratory coat is required
- Students are provided a clerkship manual upon arrival outlining their schedule including formal workshops and lectures
- Preparation of a 15-minute presentation. Details regarding format and topic will be provided upon arrival.
- Attending all assigned rounds, workshops, journal and book clubs
- One weekend on call in emergency room with first-year resident
- One weekend on rounding call with a first- or second-year resident
- Office rotations with members of the Residency Training Committee
- Assisting and observing podiatric surgery
- Rounding on ortho trauma service and vascular surgery
The program participates in the CASPR matching process and information regarding the program can be found on the online CASPR Directory of Podiatric Residency Program.
The program requires applicants to be in the top 25 percent of their class with documentation required from their respective schools. In line with the hospital's policy of supporting graduate medical education, no application fee is charged.