General visitation guidelines
- Visiting hours are 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. (except for critical care units)
- Patient visitation is limited to two visitors per patient excluding the Patient Care Companion (see below)
- Recommended visitation time is 30 minutes or less
- Children under 12 may be allowed to visit if they are healthy and related to the patient (child, grandchild or sibling). Children must be supervised by an adult other than the patient. Due to the risk of disease transmission to both the patient and the child, it is recommended that children younger than 3 years of age not visit any inpatient area except for the Birthing Center.
Each patient may select a Patient Care Companion who is not considered a visitor. The patient care companion may have 24/7 access to the patient.
- Four visitors, excluding the Patient Care Companion, are allowed
- Children under 12 may visit if they are healthy, well-behaved and related to the patient (child, grandchild or sibling). Children must be supervised by an adult other than the patient.
- During "serenity time" from 2 – 4 p.m. daily, visitation is restricted to the Patient Care Companion to allow for patient rest and bonding with the newborn
Critical care (intensive care units)
- Visitors to the adult critical care units other than the Patient Care Companion are restricted to the following times:
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
3 – 5 p.m.
8 – 9:30 p.m
- Due to possible risk of infection spread, no flowers please
- Visitation is restricted to only the Patient Care Companion during shift change from 6:30 – 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.