Counties of Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun, Arlington, Stafford, Fauquier and incorporated cities in these areas
No membership fees but some educational workshops have nominal fees involved. All other services and support are free of charge.
Provides support to individuals with Down syndrome and their families. Support is offered to individuals of any age including pre-born. The mission of this organization is to ensure that all individuals with Down syndrome and their families receive the support necessary to participate in, contribute to, and achieve fulfillment of life in their community. Among the goals:
- Helps families adjust to the birth of a child with Down syndrome
- Provides individuals with Down syndrome and their families with educational, financial, medical, legal and social support and resources
- Provides social and educational events for individuals with Down syndrome and their families to meet, interact and learn
- Increases community awareness of the capabilities and contributions of individuals with Down syndrome
- Provides financial support to families in need with camp scholarships, conference scholarships and donations of durable medical equipment
- Supports local organizations that provide services to individuals with Down syndrome
Other services include:
- Answers questions by phone/email
- Information and resources
- Social or recreational events
- Parent-to-parent matches to trained volunteer mentor parents for support and information. Matches are made based on factors most important to the requestor.