Plan Your Visit: Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
Inova’s current temporary visitor guidelines are in place to help lessen the risk of COVID-19 for our patients, team members and the community.
Directions & Parking
All parking is free. Parking for handicapped patients and visitors is available in all public parking lots.
Valet Parking is Currently Suspended
- Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, valet parking services are temporarily suspended.
- The Green lot is next to the Emergency/Patient entrance and is restricted to patients using these services.
- Parking is available to visitors in the Blue parking lot adjacent to the main entrance of the hospital.
Patients and Visitor Parking
- Additional parking (Yellow lot) is located near the Holland Road entrance for same-day surgery and the Anderson Orthopedic Institute.
- Main Number: 703-664-7000
- Patient Information: 703-664-8000
- Admitting Office: 703-664-7023
- Blood Donor Services: 703-664-7229
- Cardiac Rehab: 703-664-8034
- Cashier's Office: 703-664-7021
- Community Resources Office: 703-664-7569
- Emergency Department: 703-664-7111
- Gift Shop: 703-664-7313
- Health Sciences Library: 703-664-7269
- Inova Rehabilitation Center: 703-664-7190 or 800-554-REHAB
- Inova Joint Replacement Center: 703-664-7493 or 1-800-5-REPLACE
- Laboratory: 703-664-7222
- Patient Relations: 703-664-7555
- Radiology: 703-664-7171
- Centralized Scheduling for Radiology: 571-423-5400
- TTY (Hearing Impaired): 703-664-7099
- Volunteer Services: 703-664-7260
The cafeteria is located on the second floor and is open to team members and visitors daily.
- Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 6:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
In addition, a vending room in the cafeteria is open 24 hours a day. A microwave oven and change machine are also located in the area.
There is a large selection of gifts available at our Gift Shop, located in the main lobby (Blue entrance) of the hospital.
Gift Shop hours
- Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
Chaplain / Spiritual Care
A full-time hospital chaplain and trained volunteer chaplains from a variety of religious backgrounds provide spiritual and emotional support to patients and families.
To request a visit by a chaplain, call the chaplain’s office at 703-664-7263 during business hours. Volunteer chaplains are available to you at all times and can be reached by calling the hospital operator at 703-664-7000 and asking for a chaplain to be paged.
In keeping with our mission to improve the health of the diverse community we serve, Inova Health System has put in place a tobacco-free policy. The policy bans tobacco use of any kind in our facilities and anywhere on our grounds, and applies to everyone, including our patients, visitors and team members. In adopting this policy, Inova joins more than 400 hospitals and health systems nationwide that have similar policies in place.
If you currently use tobacco, we can offer you medicine that will help you not use tobacco while you are a patient at Inova. Please keep in mind that, during your stay here, you may not leave the nursing unit to use tobacco products. If you use tobacco while you are a patient under our care, we may contact your physician to discuss whether you should be discharged. This policy protects you from the ill effects of tobacco use (such as slower healing times) and protects other patients in the hospital from the harmful effects of second-hand smoke.
Please tell your family members and visitors about our policy so that they understand they cannot use tobacco products in our facilities or anywhere on our grounds while they are visiting you. We have signage posted throughout our facilities that also indicates our new policy.
We understand that the decision to use tobacco products is a personal one. We are not asking anyone to quit using tobacco, only to refrain from doing so on our campuses. If you or a loved one would like assistance with quitting, we can help. Please ask our team members about Inova's tobacco-cessation resources.
Thank you for your compliance with our tobacco-free campus policy.
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is a 237-bed hospital offering patients convenience and state-of-the-art care in a community environment. Our hospital sits on 26 acres of beautifully landscaped open space, where patients can find moments of serenity in our specially designed gardens.
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is home to the nationally recognized Inova Joint Replacement Center and Inova Rehabilitation Center. Both are ranked among the top orthopedic and rehabilitation programs in the country. It also is the administrative and clinical home for the Inova Wound Healing Center, the region's largest and most experienced.
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital recently opened the Veatch Family Emergency Department, a state-of-the-art facility featuring 35 all-private treatment rooms, new “fast track” rooms to treat less serious injuries, improved ambulance access, new cardiac emergency rooms and a specialized pediatric treatment area among its many amenities.
Services Offered at Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
- Behavioral Health Services
- Breast Health
- Cancer Services
- Emergency Services
- Endoscopy Services
- Heart and Vascular Services
- Inova Joint Replacement Center
- Interventional Radiology
- Joint Replacement
- Medical House Calls
- Mental Health Services
- Neuroscience Services
- Peripheral Nerve Pain
- Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Spine Services
- Stroke Services
- Surgical Services
- Vision Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Healing
Awards and Recognition
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital has been designated a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, the national accrediting organization for hospitals. This Gold Seal of Approval™ recognizes facilities that make exceptional efforts to meet the unique needs of stroke patients and foster better outcomes for stroke care.
Inova Joint Replacement Center has also earned a Gold Seal of Approval™ for outstanding care in joint replacement procedures from The Joint Commission. Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is one of only six programs in Virginia to receive this distinction. Inova Mount Vernon Hospital recently received the gold seal of accreditation from the American College of Radiology for Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging, which means this unit meets the highest level of patient safety standards and image quality.