A New Way to Pay
Pay Your Bill Using MyChart
You can now pay your bill with MyChart, Inova’s secure patient portal for online bill payments. This will offer a more seamless and convenient way to manage your healthcare and payments online.
MyChart Bill Pay offers:
- Convenience: View your medical information, set appointments, pay your bill, set up payment plans or apply for financial assistance using one single platform.
- Seamless Experience: Achieve real-time visibility into your healthcare and financial responsibility.
- Access: Manage your healthcare including appointments, medications, prescription refills and payments – anytime, anywhere.
Understanding Your MyChart Statement
How to Pay Your Bill:
FAQs About using MyChart to Pay Your Bill
Why are you using MyChart for bill pay and going paperless?
Inova is committed to reducing paper waste and offering seamless, convenient access to your healthcare and financial responsibilities. MyChart allows you to manage your appointments, view test results, request prescription refills, send messages to your care team, and pay your bill. It’s completely free and secure, so you can have peace of mind knowing that your health and billing information is safe.
How will I be notified when a bill is due?
Patients who previously used Inova’s bill pay services will receive an email notification with their billing statement. If you have a MyChart account, you will see a billing notification in MyChart when a new balance is due. If you don’t have a MyChart account or haven’t used our online bill pay services, you will receive your billing statement via mail.
What if I want to opt-out of paperless billing and receive paper statements?
You have the option to choose to opt out of paperless billing and receive paper statements by changing your communication preferences in MyChart.
How do I access my communication preferences in MyChart?
To verify your email address or to set notification settings, click on "Menu" and select "Communication Preferences" from under the "Account Settings" section to review. You may also want to check your browser settings to make sure MyChart emails are not being sent to junk mail or your spam folder.
I need help paying my bill. Do you offer financial assistance?
You can apply for financial assistance with your hospital bill in MyChart. To apply, sign up or login to MyChart.
How can I ensure my billing information is secure in MyChart?
We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure activation codes, personal IDs and passwords. As a MyChart user, your role in maintaining the security of your medical information is:
- Changing your password on a regular basis, and
- Keeping your login ID and password confidential
We also encourage you to enable the two-step verification in MyChart. This adds another layer of security to protect your personal information when logging in to MyChart from a new device or internet browser. Once logged in, select Security Settings from the menu and click on Two-Step Verification.
How do I manage my payment plan?
Have an existing payment plan with Inova? Here are a few additional steps we need from you to continue your automatic payments:
- Sign up for MyChart. You must have a MyChart account to view and manage your existing payment plan with Inova. Sign up today.
- Use two-step verification. We encourage you to enable two-step verification to further protect your personal information when logging in to MyChart from a new device or internet browser. Enable two-step verification today.
- View your billing summary. Take a look at your billing summary to view balance details.
- Validate and confirm payment method. For authentication purposes, we encourage you to validate your payment method to continue automatic payments. Here’s how you can update your method of payment in MyChart.