Leading-Edge Care, Close to Home
Inova’s flagship location is Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond. We consistently receive accolades for our high quality of patient care and safety in both national and regional rankings. Our campus includes Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, Inova Schar Cancer Institute, Inova Neurosciences Institute, Inova Children’s Hospital and Inova Women’s Hospital. The campus is also home to Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center and offers organ transplant programs for Heart, Lung, Kidney and Pancreas.
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is an independent academic medical center and serves as a regional medical school campus. We also provide residency and fellowship training programs for physicians both independently and through multiple graduate medical education partnerships, and we partner with multiple schools of nursing and pharmacy.
Plan Your Visit
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus at a Glance
- Home to Inova Women's Hospital, the only dedicated women’s hospital in Northern Virginia.
- Home to Inova Children's Hospital, an award-winning 226-bed facility devoted to the care of infants, children and adolescents.
- The flagship location of Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI), we have the region's only dedicated cardiac hospital, housing the most advanced technology and facilities focused on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital offers Northern Virginia’s only level 1 trauma center for treating the most critically injured patients.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital has a robust organ transplantation program, including heart, lung, kidney, and pancreas transplant services.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is consistently recognized for excellence and innovation.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is a teaching facility, serving as a regional medical school campus hosting medical student rotations for University of Virginia (UVA) and has affiliations with the medical schools at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Georgetown University, George Washington University and Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS).
- Our campus is host to a range of graduate medical education programs including both residency programs and fellowships. In addition to six independent Inova training programs, we also partner with Georgetown, GWU, The National Capital Consortium (military program) and VCU, to provide training in a total of 19 specialty training areas.
- Site of the UVA School of Medicine Inova Campus and the VCU School of Pharmacy Inova Campus.
- We partner with eight nursing schools to provide training to students from George Mason, George Washington, Marymount, Shenandoah, Georgetown, Catholic and Stratford universities as well as Northern Virginia Community College.
- We also have partnerships in place with seven schools of pharmacy including Butler, Howard, Notre Dame, Shenandoah, University of Pittsburgh, University of Maryland and the VCU School of Pharmacy.
Services Offered at Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Breast Health
- Bypass Surgery
- Cancer Genetic Counseling
- Cancer Services
- Cardiac Surgery
- Childbirth Services
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Program
- Diabetes Education Services
- Emergency Services
- Endoscopy Services
- Heart and Vascular Services
- Heart Rhythm Treatments
- Heart Transplant
- Heartburn Treatment
- Interventional Oncology
- Interventional Radiology
- Joint Replacement
- Kidney and Pancreas Transplant
- Liver Disease Services
- Lung: Advanced Lung Disease and Transplant
- Medical House Calls
- Mental Health Services
- Neuroscience Services
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Pediatric Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Robotic-Assisted daVinci® Surgical Technology
- Senior Services (Geriatrics)
- Spine Services
- Stroke Services
- Surgical Services
- Thoracic Oncology
- Transplant Services
- Trauma Center
- Vision Services
- Women's Services
Medical Education Happens Here
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is home to numerous residency programs, medical fellowships, Continuing Medical Education (CME) events and training facilities.