In a Life-Threatening Emergency, Call 911.
Inova Fairfax Hospital Emergency Room underwent renovation and expansion in 2005. We are able to accommodate more than 137,000 patients a year.
Inova Fairfax Hospital Emergency Room Features
- Care from Northern Virginia's only Level I Trauma Center
- Rapid evaluation of every age and medical condition
- Radiology and lab services open 24/7, radiology and CT scans occur onsite in the emergency room
- Staffed by board-certified emergency medicine physicians at all times
- 43 treatment rooms, including 3 Trauma and Resuscitation Rooms
- 8 "fast track" treatment areas for faster care of less serious injuries
- Open design to visually aid the medical team in patient care
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus also houses a Pediatric Emergency Room dedicated to emergency and trauma care for children, offering extensive pediatric trauma and intensive care services. Board-certified pediatric emergency physicians, supported by physicians in all pediatric subspecialties, treat critically ill and injured children 24 hours a day. Our team members have all the right credentials to provide excellent care and a better patient experience in our caring, family-centered environment.
Our Awards and Recognition Include:
- Joint Commission Gold Seal for Stroke Care
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care Award™ from Healthgrades
- Level 1 Trauma Center designation from the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Level 1 Trauma Center verification from American College of Surgeons