Our top priority at Inova is to provide every patient with high quality, safe, and affordable healthcare. It is our mission and privilege to serve each individual in the community and to ensure that all patients are well cared for and fully understand the cost of the treatment they receive.
Inova is committed to providing meaningful information about our charges and to helping patients and families understand the financial obligations they will have for healthcare services. The information on this page is designed to provide you with general information about how we charge and provide cost-estimates for out-of-pocket expenses.
Transparency in Healthcare Costs
If you are not yet an Inova patient and/or would simply like to create your own estimate for information purposes, please visit us at the link below.
Patients who do not have insurance or are not using insurance have the right to receive a good faith estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your good faith estimate, you can dispute the bill.
When reviewing estimates please note the following important information:
- Each patient’s individual responsibility will depend upon that patient’s insurance coverage and/or eligibility for Inova’s financial assistance policy.
- Your final bill will consist of multiple different charges based on your specific medical condition, treatment needs, and length of time spent at our facility. These factors can include, but are not limited to:
- How long it takes to perform the services
- Length of time spent in recovery
- The type of medications and supplies required to provide services and follow-up treatment
- Any patient condition or complications that require additional treatment
- You may receive multiple bills for your stay, including separate bills from physicians not employed by Inova (including anesthesiologists, radiologists, surgeons, and other specialists). Each of these additional providers maintains their own list of standard charges and you should contact them directly for additional information.
Download Standard Charges (by Facility)
Note: The information displayed is current as of March 1, 2023 and will be updated annually.
- Inova Alexandria Hospital - Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 03/01/2023)
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital - Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 03/01/2023)
- Inova Fairfax Hospital - Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 03/01/2023)
- Inova Loudoun Hospital - Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 03/01/2023)
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital - Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 03/01/2023)
An Inova team member can assist you in obtaining personalized price estimates based on your individual situation. For questions or more information about your right to a good faith estimate, please visit cms.gov/nosurprises. If you need help or have questions regarding your estimate, Inova patients please contact our Price Estimates Support Team at 571-472-5801, option 4, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
To ensure that we can provide you with accurate information, please have the following information available when you call:
- Description and procedure codes of planned services
- Location of services (inpatient or outpatient)
- Physician name and contact information
- Your insurance information
Learn more about Inova’s Financial Assistance Policy
For any additional questions about your financial responsibility, please contact our Financial Assistance Department at 571-423-5880.
Balance Billing Protection for Out-of-Network Services
Starting January 1, 2021, Virginia state law may protect you from “balance billing” when you get:
- EMERGENCY SERVICES from an out-of-network hospital, or an out-of-network doctor or other medical provider at a hospital; or
- NON-EMERGENCY SURGICAL OR ANCILLARY SERVICES from an out-of-network lab or health care professional at an in-network hospital, ambulatory surgical center or other health care facility.
Balance Billing - Consumer Rights
(Commonwealth of Virginia - State Corporation Commission)