Our top priority at Inova is to provide every patient with high quality, safe, and affordable healthcare. It is our mission and privilege to serve each individual in the community and to ensure that all patients are well cared for and fully understand the cost of the treatment they receive.
Inova is committed to providing meaningful information about our charges and to helping patients and families understand the financial obligations they will have for healthcare services. The information on this page is designed to provide you with general information about our charges and estimates for out of pocket expenses.
Transparency in Healthcare Costs
If you are not an Inova patient or would simply like to create your own estimate please visit us at the link below.
When reviewing estimates please note the following important information:
- Each patient’s individual responsibility will depend upon that patient’s insurance coverage and/or eligibility for Inova’s financial assistance policy.
- Your final bill likely will consist of multiple different charges based on your specific medical condition and needs and depending upon the specific services provided and how long you are at our facility. These factors can include, but are not limited to:
- How long it takes to perform the services
- How long it takes the patient to recover in the hospital
- The type of medications and supplies required
- Any patient condition or complications that require additional treatment
- You may receive multiple bills for your stay, including separate bills from physicians not employed by Inova (including anesthesiologists, radiologists, surgeons, and other specialists). Each of these additional providers maintains their own list of standard charges and you should contact them directly for additional information.
Download Standard Charges (by Facility)
- Inova Alexandria Hospital - Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 8/2021)
- Inova Fairfax Hospital - Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 8/2021)
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital - Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 8/2021)
- Inova Loudoun Hospital - Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 8/2021)
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital - Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 8/2021)
- All Inova Hospitals MS-DRG Data – Standard Charges Machine Readable File (Updated 8/2021)
Inova can assist you in obtaining personalized price estimates based on your individual situation. If you would like to obtain additional information about your individual estimated financial responsibility based on your planned services and insurance coverage, please contact our Inova Estimates team at 571-423-5801, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To ensure that we can provide you with accurate information, please have the following information available when you call:
- Description and procedure codes of planned services
- Location of services (i.e. inpatient or outpatient)
- Physician name and contact information
- Your insurance card
For any additional questions about your financial responsibility, please contact our Financial Assistance Department at 571-423-5880.
Balance Billing Protection for Out-of-Network Services
Starting January 1, 2021, Virginia state law may protect you from “balance billing” when you get:
- EMERGENCY SERVICES from an out-of-network hospital, or an out-of-network doctor or other medical provider at a hospital; or
- NON-EMERGENCY SURGICAL OR ANCILLARY SERVICES from an out-of-network lab or health care professional at an in-network hospital, ambulatory surgical center or other health care facility.
Balance Billing - Consumer Rights
(Commonwealth of Virginia - State Corporation Commission)