World-Class Care Welcome to Inova Schar Heart and Vascular
Inova Schar Heart and Vascular is ranked among the nation's top hospitals. We offer award-winning facilities, doctors recognized for contributing to innovative heart and vascular research, and the full spectrum of complex treatments for comprehensive cardiovascular care – from medical evaluation and diagnostic testing to the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques and complex open surgeries, including heart transplantation.
Our comprehensive range of world-class cardiac and vascular care is easily accessible via our five suburban hospital locations, an extensive network of physician offices, and diagnostic service locations across Northern Virginia. All are seamlessly interconnected to provide consistent, high-quality care – no matter where you go.
Specialized Cardiac Care Programs & Services
Atrial Fibrillation Care: Inova AFib Center
Cardiac and Respiratory Failure Program
Cardiovascular Genetics Program
Congenital Heart Disease Program
Heart Failure and Advanced Therapies Program
Heart Transplant Program
Pediatric Cardiovascular Services
Sports Cardiology Program
Women's Cardiovascular Health
Conditions & Treatments
View our full list of heart and vascular disease and condition related topics, including treatment options.
Inova Enters a New Chapter for Heart Health – Inova Schar Heart and Vascular
Already celebrated as a leader in cardiovascular, advanced lung disease and cardiopulmonary care, a recently announced $75 million transformational gift from Dwight and Martha Schar will support the next chapter in development of heart, vascular, advanced lung disease and cardiopulmonary services.
Inova is pleased to announce the renaming of Inova Heart and Vascular Institute to Inova Schar Heart and Vascular. This change will be implemented across our website and in building signage beginning in Fall 2023.
The Schars’ gift will enable Inova to:
- Develop innovative approaches for the prevention, diagnoses, and treatment of cardiovascular and advanced lung disease
- Expand community outreach to address underserved populations, identify and treat high-risk groups, and address health equity and disparities in care
- Identify and treat other diseases that intersect with cardiovascular health
- Recruit and retain world-class physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, technologists and others for our specialized care teams
- Conduct clinical research that employs state-of-the-art techniques to further strengthen and improve patient care for heart and vascular disease
- Enhance educational access and training for Inova teams with a focus on leading edge therapies and research