Lifelong Gynecologic Care
Inova provides lifelong gynecologic healthcare – from routine annual check-ups to the most advanced specialty care. Our obstetrician/gynecologist (OB-GYN) physicians are highly specialized in the diagnosis, care and treatment of women’s reproductive tract health issues, including reproductive, sexual and postmenopausal health.
Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures (MIGS) may be the best option to remove growths from the uterus, treat abnormal bleeding or fertility problems or repair pelvic floor muscles. Inova's team of world-class physicians performs more minimally invasive gynecologic procedures than any other healthcare provider in the Washington, DC region. Learn more
Pelvic Floor Disorder Treatment
Did you know that nearly 24 percent of American women are affected by pelvic floor disorders? These disorders, also known as urogynecologic disorders, affect women of all ages and levels of physical activity. Fortunately, Inova's network of hospitals, clinics, doctors and other healthcare practitioners is here to help diagnose and treat all pelvic floor disorders with a variety of convenient and effective treatment methods.
In addition, Inova Women's Hospital and the affiliated Urogynecology practices (Inova Medical Group Urogynecology and Mid-Atlantic Urogynecology) have been designated as Center of Excellence by the National Association for Continence.
Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Subspecialized care for all gynecologic conditions in children.
Gynecologic Symptoms & Diagnoses
If you are experiencing one or more of the symptoms below, contact your doctor to discuss diagnosis or treatment, or find a gynecologist here.
- Adenomyosis (also called thickening of the uterus): When endometrial tissue has moved into the muscular / outer walls of the uterus
- Cervical dysplasia
- Dysfunctional / abnormal uterine bleeding
- Menstrual cycle difficulty:
- Ovarian cysts
- Painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology – specialized care for all gynecologic needs and conditions in children
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Pelvic pain (including chronic pelvic pain)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) symptoms such as bloating or mood changes
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STD) / sexually transmitted infections (STI)
- Urinary frequency or urgency
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine polyps
- Yeast infection