Inova Emergency Room (ER) – Lorton
The emergency room (ER) at the Inova HealthPlex - Lorton provides full service, 24-hour-a-day emergency care. This facility is the ONLY ambulance-access emergency department in Lorton. We are located conveniently off I-95 at the Lorton exit.
NOTE: If you are having a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Staffed with board-certified emergency physicians
- Emergency nurses certified in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS)
- 24-hour lab testing and radiology including X-ray, CT scan and ultrasound
When to Go to the Emergency Room (ER)
- Acute abdominal pain
- Broken bones
- Bite wounds
- Chest pain
- Coughing blood or vomiting blood
- Irregular heart beat
- Diabetic emergencies
- Difficulty breathing
- Heat-related illness/dehydration
- Mental health crisis
- Minor burns and lacerations
- Minor trauma, including sprains and broken bones
- Motor vehicle accidents
- On-the-job accidents
- Pediatric emergency care
- Poisonings/drug overdose
- Severe bleeding
- Severe burns
- Severe pain of any body part
- Shortness of breath/asthma/COPD
- Sudden bleeding during pregnancy
- Sudden numbness on face, arm, leg or other stroke like symptoms
- Sudden weakness, dizziness, loss of balance, fainting, confusion
- Sudden, severe headache
- Traumatic injuries
- Very high fever / vomiting
CT: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Mammography: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
Ultrasound: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Digital mammography