Full Service, 24/7 Emergency Room The Wheeler Family Emergency Department
The Wheeler Family Emergency Department is a newly redeveloped, full service, 24/7 emergency room conveniently located in Downtown Historic Leesburg on the Leesburg (Cornwall) Medical Campus. It is a Joint Commission Certified Acute Stroke Ready Hospital (ASRH).
Our highly trained, board certified emergency medicine physicians can treat patients of all ages in any emergency situation. The facility is equipped with on-site advanced technology including CT scans, MRI, ultrasounds, x-rays, and full spectrum laboratory testing.
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Staffed with board-certified emergency physicians
- Emergency nurses certified in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS)
- Four emergency rooms designed for psychiatric patients
- Seamless access to Inova Loudoun Hospital
- 24-hour lab testing and radiology including X-ray, CT scan, MRI and ultrasound
Excellence in Emergency Care
In 2018, The Wheeler Family Emergency Department was one of a handful of emergency departments nationwide to receive a prestigious Lantern Award from the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) in recognition of our exceptional practice and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy and research.