- Acute abdominal pain
- Broken bones
- Bite wounds
- Chest pain
- Coughing blood or vomiting blood
- Irregular heart beat
- Diabetic emergencies
- Difficulty breathing
- Heat-related illness/dehydration
- Mental health crisis
- Minor burns and lacerations
- Minor trauma, including sprains and broken bones
- Motor vehicle accidents
- On-the-job accidents
- Pediatric emergency care
- Poisonings/drug overdose
- Severe bleeding
- Severe burns
- Severe pain of any body part
- Shortness of breath/asthma/COPD
- Sudden bleeding during pregnancy
- Sudden numbness on face, arm, leg or other stroke like symptoms
- Sudden weakness, dizziness, loss of balance, fainting, confusion
- Sudden, severe headache
- Traumatic injuries
- Very high fever/vomiting
Emergency Room (ER) Staffed With Board-Certified Emergency Physicians and Specialized Nurses
The Inova HealthPlex at Franconia/Springfield is a full-service outpatient facility that combines state-of-the-art technology with a comprehensive array of services including a 24-hour emergency department, diagnostic radiology, laboratory, surgery, physical therapy, and sports medicine.
We are located near the intersection of Beulah Street and the Franconia-Springfield Parkway (Rt. 289 / Fairfax County Parkway) near the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station.
The ER patient entrance is off the rear parking lot.
If You Are Having a Medical Emergency, Dial 911.
When to Go to the Emergency Room (ER)
Services at the Inova HealthPlex (Franconia-Springfield)
Open Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
X-ray, MRI, Ultrasound, CT with low dose technology, Bone densitometry (DEXA)
- Many appointments available same day or within 24 hours
- Mammography (including digital) – Saturday appointments available
- Open to the public Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Closed: Sundays and holidays
- Limited-service onsite laboratory: blood draws and specimen collection / dropoff
- Woman-focused diagnostic imaging to help maintain breast and general health.
- Learn more