In a Life-Threatening Emergency, call 911.
Opened in November 2016, the Veatch Family Emergency Department of Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is the DC region’s newest emergency medicine facility. Our ER team treats more than 40,000 patients each year – about 110 each day.
Among our other distinctions, we are proud to have earned a “Guardian of Excellence” Award for patient satisfaction and patient experience.
Inova Mount Vernon ER Features
- Rapid evaluation of every age and medical condition
- Radiology and lab services open 24/7
- 22,800 square feet (nearly triple the former Emergency Room size)
- Staffed by board-certified emergency medicine physicians at all times
- 35 large, all-private treatment rooms
- 7 “fast track” treatment rooms for faster care of less serious injuries
- Two dedicated resuscitation emergency rooms
- New pediatric treatment rooms with child-friendly amenities
- Open design to visually aid the medical team in patient care
- A beautiful, spacious lobby that includes a family-friendly play area
Our Awards and Recognition
- Joint Commission Gold Seal for stroke care
- Above the 95th percentile ranking for patient satisfaction (2015, 2016, & 2017) by Press Ganey
- “Guardian of Excellence” Award for patient satisfaction and patient experience
From our large, private treatment rooms to our child-friendly amenities and expert staff, we offer you and your family an enhanced care experience when you need us most.
Take a Virtual Tour
Place your cursor over the image, a chevron will appear. Clicking on this will move the tour along and also show where you can navigate to. If you are on a tablet/mobile, the chevrons will always be displayed and then can be tapped to navigate.
View full tour on Google Maps (desktop)