Inova Psychiatric Assessment Center
IPAC services are currently available via telemedicine appointments. We also have limited in-person appointments available. We are not accepting walk-in appointments of any nature. Please call 703-289-7560 for additional information.
Are you, a friend or family member seeking urgent mental healthcare? Contact the Inova Behavioral Health Services Call Center.
Call us at 703-289-7560.
About Inova Psychiatric Assessment Center (IPAC)
IPAC provides a unique and vital resource to the Northern Virginia and Washington, DC metro area by offering urgent psychiatric evaluations.
Adults, 18 years or older, in need of an urgent psychiatric assessment can contact our IPAC office, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
While at IPAC, a patient will meet with a triage team member and then one of our licensed clinicians, for example a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Psychiatrist, who will assess and make treatment recommendations. The treatment recommendations may include medication, individual therapy, a referral to one of our many behavioral health programs or hospitalization for stabilization.
Note: If you or someone you know is experiencing an acute crisis such as suicide or overdose please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- Please bring your ID, insurance card and a list of current medications. Payment is due at the time of service.
- IPAC Providers do NOT prescribe controlled substances such as stimulants (e.g., Adderall and Ritalin), benzodiazepines (e.g., Xanax and Ativan), or opiates (e.g., Percocet, OxyContin).
- We do not participate with Kaiser Insurance.
- We recommend that you check your benefits coverage with your insurance company prior to coming to our facility. Payments are due at the time of service.
- Due to the nature of our services and the varying wait times, we strongly encourage you to make child care arrangements prior to coming.