All surgical patients receiving anesthesia must have a preoperative assessment interview via telephone by a pre-procedural nurse.
Please call 703-776-2000 between 8 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to schedule your appointment for a telephone assessment interview.
Patient Information Form
Please complete the patient information form for your pre-procedural assessment. It will be helpful to have your completed patient information form available for your telephone interview.
Is Further Medical Clearance Needed?
It is important to schedule a time to speak with a preoperative nurse in the event further medical clearance is needed. Failure to schedule this interview may delay the time or day of surgery.
Interpreter service and service for the deaf/hearing impaired is available upon request and walk-in interviews can be scheduled upon special request.
- Pre-anesthesia assessment with a nurse practitioner and anesthesiologist
- Walk-in lab testing, EKG services and MRSA testing
- Evaluation of test results with notification to referring practice for any issues requiring followup
- Presurgical and pre-procedural telephone assessment to include pre-op and day-of surgery instruction and education
- Review for completeness and processing of required surgical documentation, external testing results, H&P, Acknowledgement of Informed Consent and Advance Directives
- Chart preparation for all presurgical and pre-procedural patients
- Surgical pre-registration and financial counseling