Seminary Road Property Rezoning
On December 22, 2020, Inova Health System announced a proposed plan to relocate Inova Alexandria Hospital and build a state-of-the-art medical campus at the former Landmark Mall location. Inova will be the anchor tenant in the much-anticipated four million-square-foot mixed-use community. The medical campus at Landmark is part of a broader plan to meet the healthcare needs for those who live in Inova's Eastern Region (Alexandria, Mount Vernon, and Springfield).
In order to facilitate the relocation of the hospital from its current location to Landmark Mall, Inova plans to work with the community as it moves forward with a request to rezone the existing hospital site at Seminary Road for townhouse and single-family use.
Proposed Process and Schedule (preliminary and subject to change)
- Seminary Road Preliminary Rezoning Application – filed 2/11/2021
- February 17, 2021 – Community Meeting #2
- Seminary Road Final Rezoning Application – filed 3/23/2021
- Comment Response Letter – filed 3/23/2021
- March 2021 – Community Meeting #3
- April/May 2021 – Community Meeting #4 (if necessary)
- June 2021 – Planning Commission and City Council