Dr. Enoch Sanders is a board-certified general surgeon. He joined Inova Health System in 2021 and has been practicing since 2001.
Read Dr. Sanders’ Personal Statement Below
I enjoy being a surgeon because of the immediate result I see after performing procedures such as fixing a hernia or curing someone’s gallbladder disease. Nothing is as gratifying as knowing how much I can help a patient by operating on an obstruction or removing a tumor. I was drawn to the practical hands-on approach the field requires. As I work with my patients, I want them to have a great educational experience. I hope to teach them about their disease and educate them on preventative measures and what if anything, can be done to avoid having future problems. I expect patients to be apprehensive and a little scared when first coming to my office, but I want them to feel relaxed after they have been empowered with knowledge of their disease process and treatment options. Knowledge is so important. I consider it to be the most important thing about any surgery. All the skill in the world won’t help if you don’t know what to do with it. All the bedside manner and charm will not help you in the operating room without knowledge. The more knowledge a surgeon has, the more he/she can be at his/her personal best.
- Member, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Medical Society of Virginia
- Care Partner, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Member, Americas Hernia Society
- Top Doctors, Washingtonian, 2020, 2022
- Top 100 Doctors, Washingtonian
- Top Surgeon, Washington Consumers’ Checkbook
- Best Doctors, Northern Virginia Magazine
- Guide to America’s Top Surgeons, Consumer’s Research Council of America
- Super Doctors, Washington Post Magazine, 2011, 2015