About Essam Tellawi, MD
Dr. Essam Tellawi is a specialty care physician board certified in Gastroenterology. He joined Inova Medical Group with more than 30 years of clinical experience. He has a special interest in management of GI bleeding disorders, early colon cancer detection and biliary endoscopy.
Dr. Tellawi became interested in gastroenterology because digestive diseases are common disorders within our community and wants patients to know that with available, modern endoscopy technology, he can instantly diagnose and treat many of these disorders. His goal is to help his patients receive exceptional and compassionate care.
Dr. Tellawi currently resides in Mount Vernon, Virginia with his family. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling to new places and experiencing new cultures.
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Associate Clinical Professor at George Washington University Hospital, 2010, 2013, 2015
- Chairman GI Department/Medstar Southern MD Hospital, 2010-2016
- Medical Director of Gastroenterology, Inova Mount Vernon Hospital