About Evis Hudson, MD
Dr. Evis Hudson is an endocrinologist. She is board certified in both internal medicine and endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism. She has a special interest in the management of thyroid disease, diabetes mellitus, as well as pituitary and adrenal disease and reproductive endocrinology.
Her goal is to help her patients understand the disease process, diagnostic tests and treatment options. She enjoys working with a diverse patient population and communicates fluently with her patients in English, Spanish, German, Italian and Albanian.
She joined Inova Medical Group with more than eight years of clinical experience in endocrinology. Dr. Hudson has an extensive research experience in diabetes and cardiovascular disease, and has given multiple presentations at the American Heart Association. Her work has been published in several acclaimed scientific journals.
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Endocrine Society
Research and Publications
1. Gulec SA, Kuker RA, Goryawala M, Fernandez C, Perez R, Khan-Ghany A, Apaza A, Harja E, Harrell M. (124)I-PET/CT in Patients with Differentiated Thyroid Cancer: Clinical and Quantitative Image Analysis. Thyroid 2016 Mar;26(3):441-8. doi: 10.1089/thy.2015.0482 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26857905
2. Harja E, Lord J, Skyler J (2013). An Analysis of Characteristics of Subjects Examined for Incretin Effects on Pancreatic Pathology. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 15(8):609-18. https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/An-analysis-of-characteristics-of-subjects-examined-Harja-Lord/43b5b07ae5d5980cde06d846f6dd751f86596342
3. Harja E, Bu DX, Hudson BI, Chang JS, Shen X, Hallam K, Kalea AZ, Lu Y, Rosario RH, Oruganti S, Nikolla Z, Belov D, Lalla E, Ramasamy R, Yan SF, Schmidt AM. (2008) Vascular and inflammatory stresses mediate atherosclerosis via RAGE and its ligands in apoE null mice. J Clin Invest. 118: 183-94. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18079965
4. Skoro-Sajer N, Bonderman D, Wiesbauer F, Harja E, Jakowitsch J, Klepetko W, Kneussl MP, Lang IM. (2007) Treprostinil for severe inoperable chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. J Thromb Haemost. 5: 483-9. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17319903
5. Harja E, Bucciarelli LG, Lu Y, Stern DM, Zou YS, Schmidt AM, Yan SF. (2004) Early growth response-1 promotes atherogenesis: mice deficient in early growth response-1 and apolipoprotein E display decreased atherosclerosis and vascular inflammation. Circulation Research, 94: 333-9. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14670837
Medical EducationUniversity Of Tirana 1998
Training Specialty: Cardiology
7/1/1998 - 10/1999
Training Specialty: Internal Medicine
07/01/2008 - 06/30/2011
Training Specialty: Endocron./Metabo./Diabetes
07/01/2011 - 06/30/2013